Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Part II - Meouch

The process of going through any disease is a slow and frustrating one. Every week I have to go to the hospital for blood tests (CBCs), and every week my platelet levels are different. Sometimes they're up, most times they are down. So how did this all happen? Long story short: I got scratched by my roommates cat when I accidentally stepped on her tail. I got a leg infection. I developed ITP as a result of the infection itself. And that was it. No I don't blame the cat...she's awesome:

Also the doctors had mentioned I could have gotten any other kind of infection and this may have happened. Anyway, so my hematologist put me on the pills and said they usually give it 6 weeks to see if a patient improves, if they don't then the next line of treatment is talked about. She gave it 3 months, and I thank her wholeheartedly for trying to buy me some time. Since the steroids didn't work I finally had my "next phase" begin last friday with a bone marrow biopsy. More on that good time later...

No comments:

Post a Comment