Thursday, August 25, 2011

Plugged into the Martix-an

I started my first course of Rituxan infusion yesterday. It went alot better than anticipated. 6 hours was a bit boring though. I packed the equivalent of a road trip's worth of things to do- but I found myself so spaced out I couldnt focus on anything not even tv. Side effects that made an appearance were hives on my face and a sore throat. Both of which were quickly alleviated with some Benadryl. In fact I felt more ill and woozy from that than from the Rituxan itself! I didnt get any side effects after I was done either. So that's 1 down, 3 more to go. Wish I had something more exciting to report about the experience, but maybe time will tell in the next couple weeks if there's any side effects of note that pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment